Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Book Review: Narnia 1-3

HURRAY!! I finally finished The Horse and His Boy
I just decided to to do a review for the first three all at once since they are in a series and they are short books. 

Narnia #1: The Magicians Nephew 
When Digory and Polly are tricked by Digory's peculiar Uncle Andrew into becoming part of an experiment, they set off on the adventure of a lifetime. What happens to the children when they touch Uncle Andrew's magic rings is far beyond anything even the old magician could have imagined.
Hurtled into the Wood between the Worlds, the children soon find that they can enter many worlds through the mysterious pools there. In one world they encounter the evil Queen Jadis, who wreaks havoc in the streets of London when she is accidentally brought back with them. When they finally manage to pull her out of London, unintentionally taking along Uncle Andrew and a coachman with his horse, they find themselves in what will come to be known as the land of Narnia.
Rating: 4
Review: Some people think it is a slow story, but I did not think it was slow at all I really enjoyed it. 

Narnia #2: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe 
Four English schoolchildren find their way through the back of a wardrobe into the magic land of Narnia and assist its ruler, the golden lion Aslan, to triumph over the White Witch, who has cursed the land with eternal winter.
Rating: 4
Review: It is the most common of the Narnia books and I have had to read it twice before for school, but you get a new meaning in the book when you choose to read it on your own. I really enjoyed it and all of the books are beautifully written.

Narnia #3: The Horse and His Boy
Shasta is a young boy living in Calormene with a cruel man who claims to be his father. One night he overhears his "father" offering to sell him as a slave, so Shasta makes a break and sets out for the North. He meets Bree, a talking horse who becomes his companion. On their way they encounter Aravis, a high-born girl escaping an arranged marriage, and her talking horse. Despite their differences the children and horses learn to work together to reach the freedom they long for.
Rating: 3
Review: I didn't like this book as much as the others, it wasn't as interesting to follow the story line. It is my brothers favourite of the Narnia books so I think it depends on the person. It is a well written book with a creative story line, it just didn't grab my attention in the same way. 

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment