Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Review: Mind Games

12578294By: Kiersten White
Pages: 237
Release Date: February 19, 2013

Summary: Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future.

Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.

In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.

Rating: 5

Review: Okay, I may have a slight obsession with book covers but honestly look at that it is amazing! Before I even knew what this book was about I wanted it just because I wanted that amazing cover on my shelf. I hope I'm not the only one that does this. I don't judge books by their covers but a book with a good cover is so much better.

done with that little rant now I'll talk about the book.

The book focus's on two sisters, Fia and Annie, who both have "superpowers" or that's what we can call them. Both sisters only want to protect each other. Annie is blind and instead of sight she can see things that may happen in the future. Fia's "superpower" is she has perfect instinct. Imagine what it would be like always knowing what the right answer is and what you should do. Annie is able to see some of the things that will happen to her sister and it makes her worry about Fia even more. Both sisters are burdened by knowledge. Knowledge of what to do. Knowledge of what will happen. Knowledge burdens them and it prevents tham from being free. Having this knowledge makes them valuable.

The writing flows off the page and it makes you connect with the characters and feel sympathy for them even if you may not relate to them exactly. Once your a few pages in you're already stuck in the book, it's fast paced and you just want to know what will happen to the characters.

The plot and characters were so well designed. The plot is quick and it sure packs a punch for being a shorter book. Your always on your toes wondering what's going to happen next. The character besides just Fia and Annie are so well described. I happened to like Fia a bit more but the writing does not make everyone aromatically like one sister more than the other. As the book goes on you come to learn so much about them and why they made the decisions they did.

I was so fascinated by everything in the book. I am definitely excited to read the next book.


Favorite Quotes

“I am the ocean we lived on for two months. I am empty. I am nothing.”

“Their smiles are lies. Most smiles are.”

“Planning is not my friend. Impulse is.”

“I should curl up in a ball and cry. Instead i think about everything in the whole entire world that makes me angry - There is a lot, oh, there is a lot - and I start singing Justin Bieber at the top of my lungs.” 

DFTBA
-JaNuSa <--- I'm weird sometimes

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are going on a White marathon these days! Just makes me want to try again with her books because the concepts sound fabulous and the pretty covers doesn't hurt. ;D

    I think the idea of the sisters is a really good idea because I don't see much of sibling love, why is it only just the MC dealing with their own feeling and just so happen to be the only child? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I bought both books at the same time and I was really impressed! You said you didn't like paranormal well maybe here writing has improved haha idk.. XD
      I overall have been impressed by her books and look forward to any new books by her!

      Delete