Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review: Defiance

11410430By: C.J. Redwine
Pages: 403
Release Date: August 28, 2012

Summary: Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city's brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father's apprentice, Logan--the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father's survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

 At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city's top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor's impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

 As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can't be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.

Rating: 3

Review: I enjoyed this book a lot. I liked the book and the character's. I think Logan and Rachael were great characters. But the book lacked something... it was good but not outstanding.

I did like this book from both Logan and Rachael prospective. It gave the reader insight into both characters lives and feelings. If the entire book was from Rachel's prospective I might not have finished it. Rachael was a weak character. She was brave and tough but she lacked some personality.

The setting was confusing it was fantasy (or that's what I expected it to be) but there was technology so it was also kind of dystopia.

I just don't really know what to say about this book and I'm probably making it sound like a terrible book and it's not. It's a book that's just for the sake of reading but not for having an important meaning.

I really did like Rachael and Logan, they are really cute an I want to see what will happen to them in the next book. It's a series that I will continue reading. I enjoyed the characters and the setting and I want to see what will happen to them.

Overall it was good I did enjoy reading it and I don't regret it. It's a book to read to pass the time and that means it's still a book worth reading.


Favourite Quote:

“It’s probably my job to tell you life isn’t fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I’ll tell you that hope is precious, and you’re right not to give up.”


DFTBA
-Janussa

No comments:

Post a Comment