Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Review: Eragon

Note: I haven't been in the mood for review writing this past week but I was and still am in a reading mood so you'll get like three book reviews from this past week between today and tomorrow. I'm not even sure they will be very good so bare with me.

By: Christopher Paolini
Pages: 503
Published: February 1, 2002

Summary: When young Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his adopted family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of inescapable destiny, magical forces, and powerful people. With only an ancient sword and the instruction of an old,mysterious, hermit storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a Emperor whose evil and power knows no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands….

Rating: 4

Review: This was exactly what I needed. Lately I have been reading a ton but I haven't been reading much fantasy. I mean real fantasy with a different world and very creative. So this was perfect.

I enjoyed this book for so many reasons. Great characters, great plot, never boring, explains the world, and no love triangle. I had to put the last one in there because after you read enough books that have a love triangle, you get so fed up with them. It was a relief not to read another.

I don't think I can say to much about this book or I will just be explaining the whole story. So first the writing. The writing was wonderful. Just to think that the author was in his senior year of high school when he wrote this is incredible. I don't know if I know any high school seniors who write this good. I don't even think many of adults can write this good. So it is very impressive.

Paolini describes everything in the book so well he gives a lot of information but not so much that I was useless and dragged out. 

The plot is wonderful. It is exciting and different. Some people think it is way to much like Lord of the Rings but I don't think so. All the talk about dragons is so fascinating. I don't read very much fantasy so I don't read about dragons a ton, but he makes them seem so real. He describes the world and everything in it in a way that makes it seem so real. It's as if the world really exists and isn't just some story. It seems to real to be a story.

I never thought the book was boring. Yes they took time to describe things and it wasn't a real fast paced book, but it was nice to slow down in the book. 

Favourite Quote: "Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find the meaning in life."

Well I don't know if that was a very good review so once I am in more of a reviewing mood I might come back and edit it.


Hope you had a good weekend!
-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment