Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
By: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Pages: 260
Published: October 26, 2010

Summary: “I've left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the best-selling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favourite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?


Rating: 5

Review:First two thoughts:
1) I WANT TO DO THIS OR HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO ME!!!
2) WHY DID THIS FUNNY, HILARIOUS, AND WONDERFUL BOOK HAVE TO END!!!

Well Now that I have made this clear, I can get to the real review.

The book starts when Lily (Shrilly) hides a red notebook at the Strand, a bookstore in New York City, over Christmas break because she has nothing to do. A boy name Dash finds the book and they continue to write to each other and give each other dares. Since they have never met they have ideas about the other one but doesn't really know each other.

Well can I just say that this is the cutest book that is not a manga that I have read in a long time. Oh my cuteness!!

Once they meet, it is really nice. I get that since now they know each other, there isn't really a point in having the notebook to pass back and forth, but still why did the book have to end. I mean it ended but I want to know what ends up happening! I love Dash and Lily and I have no way of knowing what happens!

Well Dash is sweet and is good with words. He wants an Oxford English Dictionary (OED) that he earns by himself and I am thinking, oh my gosh he is so cool. I don't even know if I know a guy that knows what the OED is. Lily is nice and wonderful. She isn't afraid of being herself. She likes surprises and is very creative when it comes to cooking. I love them both SO much! 

Why did it have to end!!!


Well I don't know how much of that was an actually review and how much was just rambeling so I just say GO READ IT!!!
Have a wonderful Saturday!
-Jane

4 comments:

  1. I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME TOOoo *fade away*!!!!

    What does it have to end? I wanted them to meet, but at the same time, i just wanted them to keep on writing back and forth with their dares. I've re read it at least twice already and I want to reread it again right after i read it. DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I LOVED it! I think I will re-read it every winter because it is so cute and a new favourite!
      -Jane

      Delete
  2. Haha, seems like you really enjoyed this book! And yay, you got the blog back on track!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I loved it, it was SO cute!
      Yeah I put it back :D
      -Jane

      Delete