Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Book to Movie: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

4588     
Book   |  Movie
I originally saw the movie when it first came out and then I read the book after I had forgotten many of the details. After reading a book so deep and complex it seems very hard for it to be turned into a movie. The movie makers did the best job they could turning a story so complex into a movie. I loved it and the most important part that this movie included was the emotions that Oskar was feeling. It perfectly portrays the pain he felt after his fathers death.

Obviously the movie could not include everything but it still made the story seem real and important. In the book Oskar seemed more confused abut he was still very much in pain because of his fathers death, in the movie the pain he felt because of his fathers death was more evident.

I think the casting was very good and all the characters are portrayed correctly. I had a hard time imagining the characters in the story and I usually don't which is good because then I don't have high expectations of how they should look in the movie.

Just like the book I do not think everyone would appreciate this movie and I think it is too wonderful to recommend to people who would not appreciate the meaning of this story. I definitely think this was a wonderful adaption and I hope it inspired other people to read the book.

If you want to know more about the book you can read the review I wrote here on the blog.
DFTBA
-Janussa

No comments:

Post a Comment