Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review: Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)By: Sarah J. Mass
Pages: 404
Published: August 7, 2012

When magic has gone from the world, and a vicious king rules from his throne of glass, an assassin comes to the castle. She does not come to kill, but to win her freedom. If she can defeat twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition to find the greatest assassin in the land, she will become the King’s Champion and be released from prison. 

Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. 

And a princess from a foreign land will become the one thing Celaena never thought she’d have again: a friend. 

But something evil dwells in the castle–and it’s there to kill. When her competitors start dying, horribly, one by one, Celaena’s fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival–and a desperate quest to root out the source of evil before it destroys her world.

Rating: 5

Review: Everyone in Adarlan knows her name and they all know she's the best assassin  But never did they expect the best assassin Calaena Sardothien to be eighteen years old.

This story is high fantasy ans filled with action, with some romance tossed in. I loved this book. I could not put it down. It was incredible. I love fantasy but never read it, so when I come across fantasy books as amazing as this one it makes me just love the genre even more. 

The characters are all incredible. You have the kick-butt assassin Calaena Sardothein, the hansom Prince Dorian, and the captain of the guard Chaol Westfall. They are all unigue and very important to the story. Calaena hates the royal family but what will happen when she is the Crown Prince's representative in the tournament? 

I think Calaena is one of my new favourite female characters. She is one of the greatest heroins  I have read about in long time. She is an amzing fighter. She is super tough and can survive anything. She also and assassin which just makes her cooler!

This book is so engrossing. I could not put it down. Everything about this book is incredible! I look forward to the second book the Crown of Midnight SO much. If you like fantasy and epic heroines I would definitely check this out. It is incredible!

“Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” 

“You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.”

This book has a lot of really fun quotes and scenes.

DFTBA
-Jane

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love assassin books! I haven't read one, but I love em already! XD And that quote about Libraries...so true. It's a secret hideout for nerds and glasses and a book are the secret weapon for nerds. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super good. You should check it out. I love that quote too.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I just ordered this book, so I literally squealed when I saw your review come up on my dashboard! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I'm completely optimistic towards my experience with this book! Thanks for yet another awesome review! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I really hope you enjoy it, I loved it!

      Delete